INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE
CONTROLLING DIABETES AND ITS MORE SEVERE COMPLICATIONS CONGRESS
8th till 12 December 2014
Varadero Convention Center, Varadero beach, Matanzas province, Cuba
The Organizing Committee of the 3rd Edition of the International Congress CONTROLLING DIABETES AND ITS MORE SEVERE COMPLICATIONS kindly invite you to participate at our 3rd Edition submitting to our congress website the title and summary of your work either in English or in Spanish (preferably in English) before July 30th, 2014.
The meeting will include key lectures offered by outstanding world speakers from the field of diabetes mellitus, basic research in wound healing, world state of the art in diabetic foot ulcer treatments, and design of health programs for improving quality of life of diabetic patients.
Among the key international diabetes leaders that are honoring our congress with their participation are the following listed in alphabetic order:
- Alberto Barceló, USA. WHO/PAHO advisor for non transmissible diseases. USA
- Aleida M. Rivas Blasco Diabetes and Pregnancy Unit. Hospital City Dr. Enrique Tejera. University of Carabobo. Valencia. Venezuela
- Álvaro Rico, Colombia MD, Endocrinologist, Director FINDEMOS, President FDC & FCD Colombia.
- Aristidis Veves, USA Research Director, Microcirculation Lab and Joslin-Beth Israel Deaconess Foot Center,Professor, Harvard Medical School, Address: Palmer 321A, West, BIDMC, One Deaconess Road, Boston, MA, 02215, USA.
- Balduino Tschiedel, Brasil. MD, MSc Presidente Instituto da Criança com Diabetes Publicista. President Department of Diabetes, Brazilian Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism. Brazil.
- Carlo Mariaf Caravaggi, Università Vita Salute San Raffaele Milano, Centro Interdipartimentale per la Cura del Piede Diabetico Istituto Clinico CIttà Studi Via Jommelli 17 Milano Italy.
- David Armstrong, DPM, MD, PhD Professor of Surgery and Director Southern Arizona Limb Salvage Alliance (SALSA) University of Arizona College of Medicine USA
- Dane K. Wukich M.D. Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery Chief, Division of Foot and Ankle Surgery Professor, Rehabilitation Science and Technology Medical Director, UPMC Mercy Center for Healing and amputation Prevention & Comprehensive Foot & Ankle Center Mercy Health Center 1515 Locust Street., Suite 350 Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
- Donna Calvin PhD, FNP-BC Assistant Professor, Governors State University. College of Health and Human Services, Department of Nursing, Illinois, USA
- Douglas Villareal. Profesor Adjunto de Medicina de la Escuela de Medicina de Feinberg, Universidad de Northwestern, en Chicago, IL, USA, Past president of the Bolivian Society of Endocrinology, Metabolism and nutrition, primero de la Filial Santa Cruz y luego a nivel nacional. Director of the Galene Clinic, Integral Medicine in Santa Cruz, Bolivia,
- Elaine Scheye, The Scheye Group Ltd. Global Advisory Services Scientific Advisor Academic Medical Centers The Biotechnology Sector Chicago, Illinois USA
- Ellos Eriksson, MD Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Brigham and Women's Hospital 75 Francis Street Boston, MA 02115 USA
- Franco Chiarelli, Professor and Head of Research Labs for the Study of Diabetic Angiopathy University of Chieti in Chieti, Italy.
- Gregory Schultz, Ph.D. Professor Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Institute for Wound Research University of Florida 1600 South West Archer Road Room M337F Gainesville, Florida USA
- Jackson Caiafa. Director of Social Actions of Society of Angiologist and Vascular Surgery from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Katherine Broze, BA, RN, WCC, DWC, AACCWS, Manager of Clinical Affairs, San Antonio Texas. USA
- Kelman Cohen, MD Emeritus Professor and Chair of Plastic Surgery Virginia Commonwealth University Richmond, Virginia , 23231 USA
- Klas Winell. MD. President Finish Diabetes Federation. Finland.
- Loida Gaffaro de Valero. Coordinadora del Programa del Buen Vivir del Diabetico. República Bolivariana de Venezuela.
- Luigi Uccioli, Endocrinologist. University of Rome Tor Vergata. Roma, Italy.
- Mark Q. Niederauer, MD, diabetes care. San Antonio Texas. USA
- Michael Hirst, UK. President of International Diabetes Federation. United Kingdom
- Paolo Pozzilli, Head, Endocrinology and Diabetes Unit Campus Bio-Medico University of Rome, Italy.
- Pavel Weber, M.D., PhD. Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine Faculty Hospital and Masaryk University Jihlavská 20 625 00 Brno Czech Republic
- Raffaella Buzzetti Department of Clinical Science, “Sapienza” University of Rome, Viale del Policlinico 155, 00161 Rome, Italy.
- Ramesh C Gupta FICS FIC FAScAW FABAP FICN SASRD Nagaland University Medziphema 797106 India
- Rob Snyder, USA DPM, MSc.,CWS Medical Director, Systagenix Professor and Director of Clinical Research Paul & Margaret Brand Research Center Barry University SPM President, Association for the Advancement of Wound Care, USA
- Robert Kirsner, Professor, Vice Chairman & Stiefel Laboratories Chair Department of Dermatology & Cutaneous Surgery Chief of Dermatology University of Miami Hospital University of Miami Miller School of Medicine USA
- Robert Frykberg, DPM, MPH Chief, Podiatry Phoenix VA Health Care System 650 E. Indian School Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85012, USA
- Selcuk Baktiroglu, MD. Istanbul University Istanbul Medical Faculty General Surgery Clinic Peripheral Vascular Surgery Turkey
- Wenche Borgnakke, DDS MPH PhD Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine University of Michigan School of Dentistry Rm# G049 1011 North University Avenue Ann Arbor MI 48109-1078 USA
- Yosef Yarden, Ph.D. Professor Department of Biological Regulation Weizmann Institute of Science Rehovot 76100, Israel
Several parallel meetings and workshops will occur at every afternoon once finalizing each Congress sessions.
- 1st Italian-Cuban meeting on prevention of diabetes and their complications: It will be dedicated to discuss about strategies for prediction, prevention and management of diabetes and their complications.
- 1st Brazil-Cuba meeting on integral care of diabetic foot ulcer patients.
- SACA-IDF regional meeting.
- Meeting of young international leaders with diabetes.
Two days before the Congress, and with optional character, December 8th and 9th 2014, an International Workshop Course: “Practical Application of Heberprot-P in Diabetic Foot Ulcer Patients”, will be organized for medical doctors who wish to familiarize with this treatment. Heberprot-P is a novel therapy having as Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) the human recombinant Epidermal Growth Factor (hrEGF)) which is applied through direct infiltration at the ulcer area, accomplishing in most of the cases the formation of healthy granulation tissues able to promote total healing in a shorter period of time.
Hoping to count with your contributions,
FOR FURTHER TECHNICAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT: