In the 2018 edition of our congress, we will have 5 symposiums, which will address the following topics:
Symposium 1. Diabetes endocrinology.
- Diabetes prevention.
- Diabetes as metabolic syndrome.
- Links between obesity and diabetes.
- Diabetes type 1 and 2. Global medical updates in early detection, metabolic control and treatments.
- Gestational Diabetes.
- Retinopathy, nephropathy and neuropathy produced by diabetes.
- Diabetes control through insulin. State of the art in insulinization.
- New developments in the control of diabetes.
Symposium 2. Molecular biology of wound healing.
- Molecular biology of wound healing mechanisms.
- Failure of healing mechanisms in people with diabetes.
- Role of different growth factors in regulating wound healing mechanisms.
- Post marketing pharmaco-vigilance of Heberprot-P in the Cuban health system.
- Biosafety record of the use of human recombinant epidermal growth factor in diabetic foot ulcer patients.
Symposium 3. World state of the art in wound healing therapies.
- Diabetic foot ulcer as a severe diabetes complication.
- Practical procedures in the treatment of infected diabetic foot ulcer.
- Peripheral arterial disease.
- Revascularization procedures.
- Neuropathic and ischemic diabetic foot ulcer patients, main differences and similarities among them.
- Charcot foot.
- Main achievement and challenges in the state of the art of diabetic foot ulcer treatments.
- Practical medical experiences in the use of human recombinant epidermal growth factor in the treatment of very complex diabetic foot ulcers.
Symposium 4. Health program implementation for the integral care of people with diabetes.
- Implementation of health programs to control diabetes.
- Active surveillance for early detection of diabetic foot ulcers.
- Role of primary, secondary and tertiary health care levels in the implementation of comprehensive care programs for diabetic foot ulcer patients.
- Comprehensive care program to guarantee safe pregnancy in diabetic women.
Symposium 5. Diabetes and cardiovascular problems.
- Incretine system and cardiovascular protection.
- Cardiovascular problems in people with diabetes.
- Clinical research on cardiovascular problems.
- Ischemic heart disease.
- Cerebrovascular problems associated to arterial hypertension.