- Symposium 1. Prevention, metabolic control and management of Diabetes. Head of Symposium: Dra Ileydis Iglesias. Cuba.
- Symposium 2. Molecular Biology of the processes of wound healing in the diabetic patient. Head of Symposium: Dr. Jorge Berlanga. Cuba
- Symposium 3. State of the art in the therapeutic and clinical management of diabetic foot ulcers. Head of Symposium: Dr. Jose Fernández Montequín.
- Symposium 4. Implementation of health programs for the comprehensive care of diabetic patients. Head of Symposium: Dr. Julio Baldomero.
Total of participants: 484
- Álvaro Rico, Colombia Medical Endocrinologist Director FINDEMOS, Former President FDC & FCD Colombia.
- Ahmet Cinar YASTI, M.D. Prof. of surgery and intensive care. Head of the Burns unit of Ankara, chronic ulcer care unit builder in Corum, Chairman of the Council for the treatment of burns of the Turkish health minster, Chairman of the scientific council for the treatment of chronic ulcers of the Ministry of Health from Turkey.
- Aristidis Veves, USA Director of Research. Microcirculation Laboratory. Joslin-Beth Deaconess Center for the Diabetic Foot. Professor, Harvard Medical School. Boston, MA, 02215, E.E.U.U.
- Alberto Muñoz. Vascular Surgeon University Hospital Fundación Santa Fe de Bogotá, Bogotá, Colombia.
- Bálent Ertugrul. Vascular surgeon, Istanbul. You have Biotec. Turkey.
- Georges Ha Van. MD. Vascular Surgeon at the Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital. Paris France.
- David Armstrong, DPM, MD, PhD Professor of Surgery and Director of the Alliance for Limb Rescue of Southern Arizona. Professor at the College of Medicine of the Univ. Of Southern Arizona. E.E. U.U.
- Elof Eriksson, MD Head of Medical Services, Division of Plastic Surgery, Brigham and Women’s Hospital 75 Francis Street Boston, MA 02115 E.E.U.U.
- Edwin Jiménez Sancho President SACA Region International Diabetes Federation San José, Costa Rica.
- Gregory Schultz, Ph.D. Professor Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Injury Research Institute, University of Florida 1600 South West Archer Road Room M337F Gainesville, Florida E.E.U.U.
- Jorge E. Door Chief of the Diabetic Foot Unit. C.H.DR.A.A.M. CSS Panama 20. Panama.
- Kelman Cohen, MD Professor Emeritus and Member of the Society of Plastic Surgery, Commonwealth University of Richmond, Virginia, E.E.U.U.
- Klas Winell. MD. Member of the Finnish Diabetes Society. Finland.
- Luigi Uccioli, Endocrinologist. University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy.
- Mabel Carria Cirujana Vascular Municipal Hospital Dr. Alberto D. Maggio Hospital of Malvinas Argentinas, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Michael Hirst, President of the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). United Kingdom.
- Paolo Pozzilli, Head of the Encocrinology and Diabetes Unit of the Biomedical Field of the University of Rome. Italy.
- Pavel Weber, M.D., PhD. Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Medical Practice of Masaryk University Hospital, Jihlavský 20 625 00 Brno Czech Republic.
- Raffaella Buzzetti Department of Clinical Science, University of Rome. Sapienza, Viale del Policlínico 155, 00161 Rome, Italy.
- Selcuk Baktiroglu, MD. University of Istanbul. Faculty of Medicine of the University of Istanbul. General and Peripheral Vascular Surgeon. Istanbul, Turkey.
- Wenche Borgnakke, DDS MPH PhD Department of Periodontology and Oral Medicine, Medical University of Michigan. School of Dentistry. Rm # G049 1011 North University Avenue Ann Arbor MI 48109-1078 E.E.U.U.
- Moshe Kulikovsky W. Medical consultant in the management of wounds and diabetic foot. Expert in Diving Medicine and hyperbaric chamber. Mor St. Haifa Hospital, ISRAEL.
- Josep Marinel.lo Roura. Vascular surgeon, Mataró Hospital, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.
- Jose Ramon March. Vascular surgeon. University Hospital GETAFE, Madrid, Spain.
- Semih Baghaki Vascular Surgeon, Istanbul,. You have Biotec. Turkey.
- Fermin Martinez. Vascular surgeon. Director of the San Elian Clinic. Diabetic foot. Veracruz Mexico.
- Jaime A. Bruges R MD: Specialized in Diabetes Director Clinical Research Center MEDICUS Foundation Casa de la Diabetes Representative for Colombia of the Latin American Society of Atherosclerosis SOLAT President Colombian Diabetological Federation – FDC – and Colombian Diabetes Foundation – FCD. Professor Medical Department Medical School of the University of Cartagena.
The realization of the Congress helped to make the potential of Heberprot-p internationally known, being practically the only effective alternative in reducing the risk of amputation. The celebration of the congress allowed Cuba to publicize the main achievements of the national diabetes control program, including the 3 consecutive years with a reduction in direct mortality from diabetes, which 84% of Cuban diabetics live today with such hope of life than non-diabetic persons, and a 71% reduction in the relative risk of amputation due to diabetic foot ulcer in Cuba.