- Symposium 1. To be held only on October 20, 2010. Epidermal Growth Factor, molecular biology, toxicology, pharmacogenomics. Pre-clinical trials. Organizer: Dr. Jorge Berlanga.
- Symposium 2. To be held during days 20, 21 and 22 of October 2010. Integral Care for Diabetic Foot Ulcers; State of Art. Organizer: Dr. Jose Fernández Montequín.
Total participants: 507
- Prof. Alberto Piaggesi Director of the Diabetic Foot Section. Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy. Representative for Italy of the International Diabetic Foot Working Group – Advisory Section. Italy.
- Dr. Alfonso López. Associate Editor of the International Journal Journal Gerontology, Chronome Geriatrics, Professor of Clinical Pharmacology, Medical Director of Alvartis Pharma. Mexico.
- Prof. Aziz Ghahary. Professor and Director of the Burns Unit of the British Columbia Fire Department. Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Prof. Carlo Maria Ferdinando Caravaggi. Vita Salute University San Raffaele Milan (Italy) Director of the Department for the Treatment of Diabetic Foot Pathology. – Clinical Institute Città Studi Milan (Italy) Director of the Italian Group for the Study of Diabetic Foot. Vice President of the Study Group for Diabetic Foot (EASD) Italy.
- Dr. Fermin R. Martinez De Jesus. Founding President of the Mexican Diabetic Foot Association. Representative for Mexico From the International Standing Working Group of the Diabetic. Full Member of the Mexican Academy of Surgery. San Elian Diabetic Foot Prevention and Rescue Center. Mexico.
- Dra Gladys M. Jurczuck. Specialist in General and Family Medicine. Teacher of APS. Specialist trained in the use and application of Heberprot-P. University of Health Sciences, “Fundacion Barcelo”. Argentina.
- Prof. Irina Gurieva, Professor in Endocrinology and Diabetology of the Russian Academy of Advanced Studies in Medicine. Current Director of the Endocrinology Section of the Federal Rehabilitation Center in Moscow.
- Representative of Russia in the International Diabetic Foot Working Group (in English IWGDF), Russia.
- Dr. Kattyuska Valero Leal. Internist Medica. Coordinator of the Diabetic Foot Consultation INZUDIABETES Maracaibo-Zulia. Representative of Venezuela in GLEPES ALAD 2009-2011. Member of the Venezuelan Society of Internal Medicine and FENADIABETES. Zulia, Venezuela.
- Prof. Kelman Cohen. Professor Emeritus of Surgery. Division of Health Sciences of the Commonwealth University of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia. U.S.
- Dra Loida Gáffaro de Valera. National Coordinator of Metabolic Endocrine Health Program, Ministry of Popular Power for Health, Venezuela.
- Prof. Luigi Uccioli. Teacher of Geriatrics and Endocrinology at the Faculty of Medicine of Univ. “Tor Vergata” of Rome. Coordinator of the Inter-corporate Study Group AMD-SID. Italy.
- Prof. Dr. Maximilian Spraul, Department of Diabetes, Mathias-Spital, Rheine, Germany. Representative for Germany of the International Diabetic Foot Working Group. Consultative Section. Germany.
- Dr. Peter A. Blume, D.P. M., F. A. C. F. A. S. Assistant Professor of Surgery, Orthopedics and Rehabilitation of the School of Medicine, Yale University, United States.
- Prof. Zhengyi Tang. Diabetic foot clinic, China.
- Dr. Martin Braddock. Astra Zeneca Director of the Department of Healing. United Kingdom.
141 delegates from 34 countries for the first time, met scientific and clinical details of the therapy based on the intra and peri-lesional infiltration of recombinant human epidermal growth factor, registered as Heberprot-P. They also learned about the Cuban program of comprehensive care for patients with diabetic foot ulcers.